MAN F90 50.403 10x8/8
This is a MAN 50.403 (50 tons, 400PS, F90 series) with a 10x8/8 axle configuration (5 axles x 4 driven / 4 steered).
- First and second axle are steered and driven using the 8466 special steering parts and four modified 24x43 technic wheels.
- The third axle is a tag-axle. It’s steered, can be lifted, but it is not driven.
- The fourth axle is a normal driven back axle.
- The fifth axle is driven and steered, but the steering is somewhat special: the axle is force steered and since it is rigid, the whole axle rotates (in reality this is done with hyraulics - MAN RAS-EC3).
- All axles are fully suspended.
- The transmission is a simple 4 speed, since there was no room for more (it has already been built “flat”).
- The engine is a standard LEGO V6.